Red Faction: Armageddon – Ruin Mode Guides
This guide covers the Ruin mode challenge maps that are special side levels in the game Red Faction Armageddon. The concept of these challenges is to cause as much damage as possible in a set time limit. You are provided with unlimited ammo and the selection of some of the more physically destructive weapons available in the game from which to choose your means of wrecking.
Points to Remember in all the Ruin Mode maps:
- Each map has a set par score to reach. Doing so unlocks a new map or reward while extending your time limit by 15 seconds.
- Your top score will be posted online in a ranked listing.
- With unlimited ammo, you have no excuse to ever be not firing.
- As you continually destroy large objects, your multiplier will rise. If there is a pause in the destruction, this multiplier will diminish quickly. Don’t let that happen.
- Plasma Cannon.
- The Singularity Cannon and the Magnet Gun have their uses, but seriously… Plasma Cannon.
- Plasma shots can pass through multiple objects before exploding. Line em up.
- Apparently there’s some new “thing” with slapping people who buy used games in the sack, which in all fairness does technically lose developers money. New copies have a one-time code that must be redeemed online for an account to play ruin mode (except PC users…). If you buy a used copy, chances are there will be no Ruin Mode for you without purchasing DLC.
- Falling debris does not hurt you. Be not afraid, for thee is protected.
- Repairs are disabled in the challenge mode… no cheating.
- Gravity is your buddy.
Last Updated on October 4, 2020 by Standard of Entertainment